Discovery Montessori Schools of Hong Kong
First School to Offer both International Baccalaureate (IB) PYP and Montessori Elementary (6-12Y) in H.K.
IB World School (School No. 0523385)
Discovery Montessori International School has 3 reputable International Montessori Schools that provide bilingual (English and Mandarin) Montessori Education for children aged 1 to 12 years old. We currently have over 600 enrolled children in our schools and we are a contributing member in our local community and maintain strong parent support and volunteerism.
Discovery Montessori Academy (DMA) is an expansion of Discovery Montessori Schools for Primary (6-12Y) Sections. We offer a bi-lingual (English & Putonghua) curriculum for children aged 3 years to 12 years.
DMA International Curriculum creates and sustains a multi-cultural, inquiry-based, child-centred education which follows the International Baccalaureate (IB) Program and the International Montessori Elementary Educational experience as outlined by the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) which was founded by Dr. Maria Montessori in 1929.
DMA is a beautiful European designed Montessori International School located at the Ocean front in Discovery Bay, Hong Kong. We are currently looking for IB PYP teachers with true commitment to education excellence.
Primary Teacher (IB PYP): Lower Primary (6-9Y), Upper Primary (9-12Y)
- Take responsibility for a primary class, supporting, nurturing and taking a genuine interest in the holistic development of all children in that class together with the Montessori co-teacher;
- Work closely with the Primary Curriculum Co-ordinator, Montessori teacher to ensure the effective delivery of the PYP programme and to design and implement a relevant, challenging and rigorous curriculum;
- Plan and deliver lessons, ensuring attention is given to appropriate differentiation;
- Contribute to collaborative learning at all levels of school life;
- Create inquiry-based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge and a range of skills within an environment based on trust and respect;
- Select relevant resources and digital tools to support and enhance learning;
- Develop appropriate assessment tasks, providing timely and effective feedback that enhances pupil’s learning;
- Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and colleagues in a professional manner;
- Write formal reports on a termly basis;
- Native English speaker and Excellent command of written in English
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGDE)
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience in primary years education
- Previous experience of teaching the IB PYP is preferred, although outstanding candidates without prior IB experience will be considered
- Prior IB training is required before taking up post at minimum Category 1 level
- Familiarity with various teaching resources including, where appropriate, digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences found in Hong Kong and the willingness to develop and maintain a cross cultural approach to work
- Full Medical, Provident Fund, Bonus, Relocation, Competitive Salary.
- Small-class size, World-class facilities with well-equipped classrooms/ materials.
- Offer a supportive and collaborative leadership that fosters professional personal growth;
- Students, parents, teachers, and administrators are united in a commitment to top quality Montessori education;
Come and be a part of our team and experience the rewards and excitements of working in HK.
Interested party, please send your full resume, recent picture to The Administrator at [email protected]